Tuesday, December 16, 2014

…the Christmas glow and enjoying the journey….

It's Christmas! Oh I just love this time of year, I love seeing all of the guests that come into my jobs having their Christmas celebrations and gift exchanging. I enjoy Christmas shopping and intentionally finding gifts to give to the people in my life who celebrate who they are.  I love the Christmas lights, Christmas trees, decorations-- how everything has this Christmas glow…. I am not a fan of poinsettia's…. no offense, poinsettia, but I honestly do not think they are pretty flowers…. but everything else is gorgeous. It is a beautiful time of year. Especially with a new year approaching. *smile*

running revelation….
I went on a long run yesterday. Leaving on this run, I was not sure if I would even go a mile. Last Wednesday, I went iceskating with some of my most favorite people-----
However, I fell on the ice twice. I was the only one in our group that fell… the second time was a hard fall--- I went to bed and my leg was sore. Waking up the next morning, my muscles were so tight I could not bend my leg and walking was challenging. So, my run on Monday was my first run back post all of this craziness. I ended up running a little under 7 1/2 miles. It felt INCREDIBLE. I also learned a lesson through it. As I was running, my focus was not the extent of mileage I was intending to run. My focus was not on anything but the next step. Sometimes, in life, I feel like I jump ahead or I want to jump ahead because I want to know what a particular season is like. And yet, the journey prepares you in each step. As in my run, each step strengthened my leg for the next… one season strengthens and empowers the next. Like this incredible quote----- """When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.""" ***



No comments: