Saturday, April 23, 2016

adventures in this season

life is a collection adventures. i believe it. this season of life has been oh so interesting and the adventures abound….

**************************

a snapshot of my adventures…

---- visited a church with a friend that ended up being a cult, but it was followed up with a revelation of why I was there.

---- served a friend who walked away from our friendship. God blinded me to who she was until she was leaving, but it triggered an interesting line of thoughts of the value of friendships and instigated a thankfulness for the quality people I do have in my life.

---- dreaming again. Through a series of events, I realized last year I stopped dreaming. God asked me to give him a few of my dreams… dreams I held dearly, which I did because He is irresistible to me and I want him more than any dream, but within the past couple of weeks, He revealed to me that I stopped dreaming… and He has awakened me… and I'm dreaming again… and acting on my dreams. *smile*

---- at work, one evening, I was surrounded by five or six of my co-workers challenging me about my views on the physical boundaries of relationships… and though I spoke minimally, they challenged me that sex is how you connect with someone. It was quite a challenging adventure to put words to this value. Following this an hour and a half later, a couple at another table encouraged me in the wait for my future husband… oh how sweetly Jesus loves me.

---- a lovely afternoon walk with a co-worker friend where I was given the opportunity to speak my faith out right in response to a question she asked me. It was an honor and also a challenge to seek the theology behind my faith. I know my God..I've tasted, I've seen, I've experienced… He is my everything, but I also want to increase my study to be able to support the truth of my God. a learning adventure indeed.

 

No comments: