Friday, June 6, 2014

Oceans…..

So, the song "Oceans" by Hillsong United is one of the most popular worship songs currently. There is a line in this song that has been wreckkkkking me--- in such a beautiful and powerful way. It is within the bridge (which is my favorite part of songs)…. and it speaks these powerful words….

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders"

…where my trust is without borders. Where my trust does not contain any if, when, or but's. Where my trust is pure, organic, and genuine trust. It is one thing to say, I trust God. It is a whole different story to walk it out. It is a different story to live it out. In one month, ONE MONTH from today, I will be going to Grenada on a missions trip. This is the BEST birthday present from Jesus. I am excited beyond all words. Between the here and now, there is A LOT of trust….. preparing physically and spiritually. I want to be full on ready--- And I want to give my 100% now and onwards towards this adventure. I have to trust that as I step out, that He will meet me. His timing is not mine, but I've realized that another line in the song Oceans is this truth ----

"so I will call upon your name
and keep my eyes above the waves
when oceans rise
my soul will rest in your embrace"

So many times in life I want to look at the waves and focus on the circumstances and the what I can see parts of life and I lose perspective. Instead of looking at the waves, I need to set my gaze on my God and who He is--- what He can do through me--- that I am the middle man and He is the authority---He is the strength--He is the provider--- I just let go and trust Him. That lyric grabs me- "when oceans rise- my soul will rest in your embrace." I do not need to know, I do not have to have it all figured out, I just need to stay tuned into Him, give my 100% and let Him move…. this where foundational blocks are formed.

"discomfort produces results." -dr. brene brown

So, today, I choose to surf the waves--- to set my eyes on Him--- to trust that He can create a story beyond my wildest dreams--- that He loves me and I will not be crushed by fear--- I will not be discouraged--- but as I set my gaze on Him and allow "my soul to rest in Your embrace" He will move---for Kingdom.



No comments: