Something super crazy exciting is happening this summer as God has opened a door of adventure. As you know, I have an exploding heart towards international missions. I am very proud to be an American, and yet, my heart greatly desires to pour out to the nations as well. On July 6th through the 20th, I will be heading to Grenada. While there I will be partnering with the organization: Grenada 24/7 (www.grenada247.org). This organization has dreams and vision for the country of Grenada to fully experience the true presence and freedom of God.
So, you may be wondering, where is Grenada and why are going there? The where---Grenada is a small island nation that is only twenty miles wide and twelve miles long off of the coast of South America. Only about 100,000 people of mostly African descent call this country home and the official language is English. On most maps, it is a minuscule point within the Caribbean and despite the exceeding amount of spices that grow on this beautiful island most of the Grenadian’s fight poverty and unemployment. In addition, only about 10% consider themselves Christ followers. Why am I choosing to spend some of my summer there?
Well..... when I was living in Kentucky, I connected with an extraordinary woman by the name of Erica Zauflick. Our friendship became one that I just knew was going to ripple way beyond Kentucky. Today, Erica, her husband Justin, and their three beautiful children: Anton, Nikolai, and Cassie are on staff with Grenada 24/7 and have laid down their lives to serve the people as missionaries.
My vision for this trip is Jesus. Cheesy? Maybe.... and yet Jesus’ and my dream and vision that we have created is not for this missions trip to be a “sexy missions trip.” I am going to serve the Zauflick family and Grenada 24/7. I am traveling from Nashville, Tennessee to Grenada to love on the Grenadian’s as well as those serving on the ground every day. Erica shares about the early morning walks with the women in the village that she takes in the morning, caring for her children as a missionary wife and mother, and what the everyday life looks like for her. I am not going for the touristy experience of Grenada. I am going to serve, love, and be the hands and feet of Jesus and I am expecting the presence of God to take over each day. The everyday may translate into assisting the staff serving the teams that come during my time there, cooking meals, doing a VBS, or cleaning. This adventure is a blank canvas and I am excited for what God will translate these fourteen days into.
AND I am exciteddddd!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment