Monday, March 6, 2017

accelerating generations….

One time my Mom stated to me that she saw the intersection of my future husband and I like a boat turning in the waters. She saw our singleness seasons separately being one to work through baggage, wounds, pains… empowering us when we come together to be able to explode into our story together.

I see that… now being in my thirties and not seeing my future husband or any person on the horizon. I have a deep rooted hope and peace that he is alive in this world and our story will be starting soon… but I now not only see what Mom was saying, but I've been living it out in my world… I feel more freer, more Amy, more beautiful, more light, more comfortable in my own skin, comfortable in my vision, my puzzle piece that I did two weeks ago, two months ago, barely even recognizing the Amy of two years ago. The fires have refined, the painful questions have been faced, the pains/wounds/cycles have been exposed…and oh how it has been a tough journey, but one I would not trade for the world.

I hear of so many marriages in my parents generation that for the first few years were "knock down, drag out" fights. I know my future love and I will have conflict, challenges and such… but I feel like the story I have chosen and walking through the barriers now will empower my husband and I to be able to step into our story when our Kairos timing comes. In the Bible, as time goes on things become faster and more amplified… and I see that from the outside perspective. Two of my most dearest friends have pushed back their wedding date because they want to conquer those barriers… and oh how powerful that is… and beautiful!

I have a lotttt more ground to cover in my own life, but I can see where I've come from… and oh I pray my love feels deeply loved because I chose freedom and walking through the fire instead of around it. And oh how my heart is excited for our story as we explode onto the waters together… and oh he will be so worth the wait…worth the fight… worth the preparation.

No comments: