Thursday, September 7, 2017

training and preparation ||

A couple Sundays ago, I served in the kids and on the greeting team at the morning services and then decided to attend the evening service. It was slightly warm, slightly cool evening with the early beginnings of an amazing sunset and I looked up and saw a plane flying overhead and oh so gently I whispered to God "I feel like I'm grounded." I love missions and traveling and the past few years have not included much traveling and no missions (that is a long story, but one I now see the why to). Immediately, Holy Spirit spoke so strongly, "What you see as being grounded, like on Top Gun, I see as preparation and training." He began to speak to me that there are things within me that need to be training and prepared and strengthened…some things needing to be pruned and healed and others inputed…. but then---

Monday evening, I looked up and saw a flight smoke line of an airplane or jet and immediately God spoke to my heart that the preparation and training would allow for when I do take off that it would create an explosion of speed and power once lift off did happen.

And then I went to Kairos… I used to go there- it was my home church… but I haven't been back in quite awhile. I went and oh my heart, it was like coming home. When I go home to Ohio, my heart is at rest and present and it creates a deep breath within me, because I'm with the people who make my heart feel at home…but its not home. Its not where I'm supposed to be… my heart is home. That is what I felt. And Chris talked about Chronos versus Kairos..-- "we despise the ordinary, when God is preparing us for the extraordinary…not passively- patiently and proactively… we see time, God sees timing." And then tonight… tonight, I was on a run and ran past the fire station and looked in and saw all of the truck doors open with the helmets and fire fighter uniforms intentionally place nearby the open doors within the fire house.. and it struck me. That. That is how I need to live in this season. Fully engaged. Fully present. And yet, fully prepared for God to break in and move and shift… its not time for roots yet, its time for preparation and training.. and oh so many times it happens in steps.

No comments: