Tuesday, October 11, 2011

STRONG CHALLENGE.... first card!!! day one (for me :) )....

So, a church in Cincinnati.... an INCREDIBLE, POWERFUL, SHAKING THE WORLD church called CROSSROADS (www.crossroads.net) is doing an all-church journey with a bunch of churches in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area... and I found everything to join in online...so, I'm going to do it... so, i just did day one: I chose a card about writing down the top 10 things you are grateful for and then saying a short one(ish *smile*) line pray of thankfulness about each...


Ten things I am grateful for....
#1: Jesus being playful with me and His whispers within my heart that grasp me in such a powerful way!
           *Jesus, thank you for your love and for romancing me with your playfulness and sharing your heart with me in the everyday moments!

#2: For a house to live in, a car to drive, and clothing in my closet
          *Jesus, I've been internationally and have seen the lack of bare necessities and I am so blessed to have what I need. Thank you for providing...even when it doesn't look like I would imagine it to look like!

#3: My family
        * I am blessed with an amazing Dad who loves me and cares for me, a Momfriend who I can share my heart and life and has incredible wisdom and an Ericka who knows me better than anyone and with whom I can be me, and a Tiffany with whom I can be goofy and laugh with and also ask deep questions with...she's not afraid to get into the messy bits of life and come out a bit messy! Thank you for giving me an incredible family!

#4: QUALITY friendships!
     *I am blessed with a group of amazing, quality, genuine, and loving friendships with guys and girls more than I can fully comprehend. I am so thankful for them! They have saved me life and added so much that could not have been possible without them!

#5: A healthy body!
      *Having worked at a hospital, I do not take this lightly and am so grateful that my physical body is strong, and a fighter! Thank you for your protection over my physical body, Jesus!

#6: 2 AWESOME jobs!
   *I have two jobs in which I love both of them and have an amazing source of income in them! In a low economy I have been blessed with two jobs in which I love and am super grateful for!!!

#7: The ability to read!
       * I am grateful to be able to read and input information. I have such a craving for knowledge... and being able to learn, and read books and dive into stories is such a huge privilege and joy!

#8: Kansas City!
     *This has been one of the most challenging, grating, rough, painful, and least desirable adventure...and yet I have already learned more than I can fully comprehend and am so incredibly grateful to be able to be here and away from my comfortableness and embrace my honeymoon with Jesus!

#9: Haiti!
         *Going to Haiti in May was one of the most incredible trips that I have taken and one that has been engrained upon my heart. One that I will not soon forget and one where every mention of Haiti stirs my heart a little. I am grateful for this trip reminding me to get outside of myself...which to do anything for them at any point would not be a sacrifice, it would be a joy!

#10: My future husband!
         *By faith, I know that I know that I know that there is a man of God with whom God is and has already been orchestrating our love story. By faith, I am grateful for him... by faith I love him and by faith I am grateful that he will find me and that I'll get to spend the rest of my life and enjoy each adventure with him!

......... this has been one amazing, lovely, rainy Monday. I liked today. *smile*

ps: and I get to end the day with a lovely QUALITY conversation with one of my bestest friends, Cazi LaRee...and that was wonderful!

No comments: