Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Facebook Unfriending. Three words that would have never been strung together twenty years again. And yet, this is now a reality of our society today. It is not really that I care. It is this powerless to know the why. I respect those who post that they are lightening their Facebook friends for a reason, but when I go to message the person and find out that I'm defriended - there erupts this strange emotion. I do not want to care. This feeling is a dash of my deflated pride, a bit of confused defensiveness about the why, and a small part insecurity with a tablespoon of compassion and not wanting to hurt anyone with my humanness. I truly want to be guided by the word- "...as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (Romans 12.18) Oh the questions.... I want to say that I gave my 100% regardless. To love like Jesus with my whole heart. He never let the Pharisees dictate his life (and I am not saying that these "fb unfriender's" should be compared to the Pharisees) .... and on another perspective, the people that have "unfriended" me are consistent because our season of friendship has passed- so we are no longer "friends" in the world. Not that we are enemies, it is just that life has gone different ways and we have not maintained our "friendship" in whatever way that it looked and the season has past. Hmmm...

It is so interesting how life changes and alters with no warning. I really do want to be a mile deep instead of a mile wide....
     freedom starts with goodbye.... the best can start with being surrounded by closed doors....

*** "sometimes you gotta go uninvited - sometimes you gotta speak when you don't have the floor - sometimes you gotta move when everybody else says you should stay - you gotta ask if you want an answer - sometimes you gotta stand apart from the crowd" ***

Right now, the only thing concrete in my life is my cell phone bill. Everything- and I mean everything is up in the air- uncertain- unsure- and yet I feel like my life is being set up for something big for God to do- for God to take over- for God to orchestrate. The uncertainty challenges me to look beyond what I can see and into the unknown. Knowing that with each step I take, that His kingdom can be enlarged beyond me- beyond what I have known.

What if saying goodbye to the nursing field will open up a whole world of possibilities that I would have never dreamed possible. What if saying goodbye to a field that I thought I wanted, opens up a new passion and opportunities above and beyond what I could have ever dreamed possible.

Oh the possibilities and the adventures with each step.




No comments: