Thursday, January 9, 2014

embracing each season…..being fully present! *smile*

"a single girl in a couple's world"

That has been my story for 29 and a half years minus nine months. Why does this world make us single girls and guys to feel less than because we aren't in a relationship. Everything seemingly is for couples. You can get "couple discounts" - Two for One- Two Dinners…. But you know what? I think this is a matter of perspective. I do have the desire to be married and have a family. But that is not my season right now. I want to be content in this season, so, I am changing my point of view and embracing THIS season. Right now, I am awaiting my future husband's arrival--- or his announcement of his arrival onto the scene of my life. But my life is more than that. I have a deep passion for missions. I have a heart for teenage girls. I am pursing my social work degree in college. I have an extraordinarily amazing group of friends where it does not matter what we do, when we are together, we have fun. I am currently training for the Nashville FULL 26.2 marathon in April. I am digging into the Word and pursuing memorizing the Word more and more. I work with some of the coolest people at my workplace and am thoroughly enjoying their friendships!!!

There is more to life than relationship status. I will thoroughly enjoy when my season changes when he, whoever he may be enters my life. Right now, though, I am enjoying my season- I choose to be present and enjoy the pieces of the puzzle of my life and I will stand with confidence as a single girl in a couple's world…. leaning into my Beloved as He writes my story.

So, changing the story, I shall. Embracing this story, I shall. Loving my Jesus more and more as I embrace the adventure in front of me. For sure!!!!



1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Amy. Wish you a very blessed, spiritfilled, prosperous and Christ centered New year. I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger and am I also glad to stop by your blog "A Lovely Trailblazer" and a post on it " Embracing real Season...Being fully Present". I like your approach and perspective. I am sure God in His own time will bring a right person of His Choice in your life. I am so encouraged to know your passion for International missions as well as your interest in the ministry of teen aged girls. Well I am so moved by your passions and would like to invite you to come to MUMBAI, INDIA on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus and give them new hope, future and purpose in their lives. I am sure the Lord would open doors for you in near future. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the borken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missons trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends in the following summer vacation that is July/ August 2014. If you are finishing your studies then it would be ideal time to come to Mumbai on a long term working with us in the slums as well as with the Church in leading worship services and youth bible studies and other activities. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id id: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.