Tuesday, January 7, 2014

morning Holy Spirit revelation!!

This morning I encountered a powerful revelation in the Word. I read in Genesis 2 about how God commanded Adam to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil- verse 16.  He commanded this however, BEFORE Eve was ever created. She was then formed out of Adam's ribs as Adam was in a deep sleep- in verse 21-22. How interesting!!! I have been a lover of Jesus since I was a little girl and have read the Bible and this passage NUMEROUS times and not until this morning did I grasp this timing.

So, challenges…. first… I want a man- my future husband- to be a man of the Word. A man that will properly teach me and our family the Word. Did Adam teach Eve properly the Word? In Genesis 3:2- she speaks to the serpent and tells him not exactly what God spoke to Adam. I want a man who is a man of the Word. Who, together, we can read and teach each other the Word. I'm sure that we will have different perspectives of the Word as well- opposites attract *smile*…. such a challenge. Not just a  "I go to church, I love Jesus" man. I want a man who the Word is in his veins and even when he fails that he still has a heart to pursue the Word of God. I want to marry a human- so I'm not saying that he has to be a man who has the entirety of the Bible memorized, but a man who pursues the Word of God- what a powerful foundation our marriage could be built on!

Second, I want to be a woman of the Word. I do not want to just talk about the Bible or have a "the Word says this somewhere---it sounds like something like…" I want to be a woman who speaks the Word as a weapon. To encourage my future husband with and the people in my life. I want to be a woman who can use the Word of God in spiritual warfare when the enemy is coming after me, my family, and the people in my life. I want to be a woman of the Word who will attract a man who is passionate after the Word. And TOGETHER, we can be a couple of the Word running after the KINGDOM with His Word in our veins and as our fuel.

BAM! Thank You, Holy Spirit for your Word and seeing through new eyes. I love love revelation from Holy Spirit.. so good.

a fresh start---it's a brand new day! #shereadstruth

(this is my friend, Chad's dog- Cody--- coolest dog on the planet!!!)

(my best friend Meagan and me at our friend's Blayne and Shannan Janney's wedding)

Happy 2014!!!!!!
                       

No comments: