About a week ago, my amazing roommate Mindy told me this story about a girl who had a pet snake. To preface this, I hate hate snakes. I'd rather be around a thousand spiders than the tiniest snake. However, this summer, I am determined to face and conquer that fear. Anyways….so, Mindy starts telling me this story about how this snake even sleeps in the same bed as the girl and instead of corralling in a spiral-like fashion, it sleeps longwise. (even as I type this, I am disgusted by the visual that I am fighting coming in my mind) She thought it was sweet, but then a friend cautioned her that to the snake this is his way of "sizing her up"…basically, her pet snake wants to eat her, but is strategically preparing to make sure his attack is successful. Anyways….. I was on a run today and I started dreaming about the day this summer when I conquer this fear of snakes and then it reminded me of this horrid story… but then Holy Spirit started revealing that like that snake, that is how the enemy works in our lives. The devil studies us and what makes us frustrated, our insecurities, triggers, and wounds because he wants to be successful in his attacks against us. This stirred up some deep thoughts about how the enemy uses seemingly "random comments from a friend", a nothing ignoring from a person in our life, even a facial reaction to trigger these emotional reactions. This is strategic because then and only then are we not focused on the devil and his working like the "man behind the curtain." In that moment, all we are frustrated with is the person. It may seem like nothing, but walls started to rise up and it is the enemy's attack of "here we go again." It confirms our fears, lies that we have believed about ourselves, and we get frustrated at the person in front of us instead of the puppeteer behind the scenes. Deep, eh?
He does this, and we seemingly let him because he has sized us up like that disgusting snake. He uses strategies and offenses that will get to us personally. My sister may not be hurt and stirred by a moment like I will because it triggers something deeper. And vise versa… I may be able to shake off a moment, that is a deep trigger for her. I began to see with new eyes things that have even happened this past week and exposing the enemies' attacks behind the scenes.
I am sharing this to expose the enemies tactics. So, in those moments of frustration, fear, irritation, and when you feel triggered, I challenge and encourage you to look behind the scenes and that the enemy may be using the person in front of you to attack you in a deeper way.
No comments:
Post a Comment