Sunday, October 19, 2014

a crisp, lovely, refreshing Sunday run…..

Running revelation---- it came in the stretching after part of my run…. I was texting with my Dad and we were talking about the movie- Ragamuffin--- it is a movie based on the life of Rich Mullins. He was radical. He saw God is this raw, beautiful, fury love kind of way…. Dad had the thought about how Rich Mullins and Keith Green were both killed early in life… and how interesting that was… it got me thinking about how we can support, encourage, stir that reality in ourselves--- but also those with that…. and I was typing- "…that radical ness." Auto correct changed the ness is mess. Which continued my line of thinking to the reality of the truth that radical is messy. It is not safe--- it is not comfortable--- you can't put it in a box…. and sometimes it's a hot mess.

I am not there yet. I crave radical. From the inside-out. I crave what radical could look like in reality more than just words.

Love. Simplicity. Generosity. Patience. Kindness. Truth. Peace. Self-Control.

Radical is messy.

#i'vecountedupthecostandHeisworthit

"…never take lightly what it cost Him (Jesus) and never assume that if it cost Him His very life that it won't cost you yours." -rich mullins

No comments: