So… I've been thinking lately. A couple of days ago, this song came across the radio and at first, I used to like it. The talking/singing mix is incredibleeeeee and I like his voice and it lured me in….until I actually listened to the lyrics a couple of days ago, and I got a bit livid, ranting at the radio.
I don't wanna change your mind
I don't have to make you love me
I just wanna take your time
I don't wanna wreck your Friday
I ain't gonna waste my lines
I don't have to take your heart
I just wanna take your time
I don't have to meet your mother
We don't have to cross that line
I don't wanna steal your covers
I just wanna take your time
I don't wanna go home with you
I just wanna be alone with you
I don't wanna blow your phone up
I just wanna blow your mind
I don't have to take your heart
I just wanna take your time
No, I ain't gotta call you baby
And I ain't gotta call you mine
I don't have to take your heart
I just wanna take your time"""
Seriously. Seriously. Seriously. Girls, Ladies, Women…. is this seriously the kind of guy we want???? I say guy because they aren't "boys" but this is definitely not the mindset of a man. How many times do we allow a guy to treat us so flippantly. I have done this. I like a guy and I invest wholeheartedly-- blind to the truth that his actions are not connecting to his words. I say this not from a place of pain..anymore. I say this from a place of--- I am awesome. I am beautiful and I am a woman who is worth being fought for. I am worthy of a man who speaks his love and cherishing of me but also follows through with his actions. I refuse to be a woman who closes her heart down because it hurts too much. I want to be a woman who attracts the man who is a man of action. I want to be a woman who attracts a man who is passionately, zealously in love with His God. I want to be a woman who is selfless and attracts a man who lives his life in selflessness towards everyone in his life and how he spends his time. I want to be a woman who attracts a man who fights to intentionally guard his heart, eyes, and mind in purity. I want to be a woman who will protect my purity and my emotions. I don't just want a man who fights for these character traits…. but I want my life to be evident as a woman of God.
Husband, wherever you are on this planet earth- Australia, Canada, Europe, Iceland, America, or Asia…. I'm excited for your arrival, one day. Just to let you know, when you pursue me, you will not find me in a cat lady club, a dog lady club, a single ladies club…. I will be the gorgeous one, loving Jesus, and actively seeking out Kingdom in my life, loving my friends, and … I don't need you, but you know what, sexy man of God, I want to need you and share life with you. You are not the center of my world, Jesus is, and you know what, I can be a more amazing wife and mother because of that truth. True. Story. *wink* … So, if you want to find me, I'm the one who is living out in action, what I put in words. So, lets do this life together. In HIS timing. *smile*
….
Today, this Good Friday, I am thankful for my Jesus. Thankful that He chose me. Thankful that He took the cross to restore our relationship. Thankful that He took my sin, weakness, and brokenness on Himself, so that I could do life with Him. This is the truth and I never want to be flippant with that truth. That. Is. Beautiful. Oh how great love you have lavished over us, God. We don't deserve it, but you chose. You chose relationship. Thank you.
Dayenu (Hebrew):: "It Would Have Been Enough, and We Are Thankful"

No comments:
Post a Comment