Tuesday, June 9, 2015

depth….

There is an online community called::: She Reads Truth that I am a part of. It is a group of women of all ages who, around our country and the nations have chosen to be intentional about the Word of God. Women who seek to dig into the Word and grow on a daily basis. We connect through a daily devotion and social media. I have discovered many of my friends are She Reads Truth-ers. Love this community. I actually found them through my roommate in Kansas City who suggested it to me in the middle of the depression I was sinking deeper and deeper into. The SRT community quickly became a type of oxygen cannula to my mind, soul, and spirit. 

A couple of days ago, one of the devotionals was about Lot's wife and the writer of the devotional spoke to the fact that sometimes in our lives-----

 "….we're asked to obey without having all the information."

 Deep. Truth. One I have been living out since our 2015 Nashville Ice Storm when God asked me to lay down a man I had feelings for and a dream in my heart within a two week time span. Little did I know what He had up his sleeve.

I began the healing and continual surrender process that week. It was like a detox. As the days pass since then, I have begun to see the why… and how God has protected me from a dream that was not in a healthy place… whether He gives it back to me or not is the point… the point is in surrender, I chose Him over that dream. 

The enemy is a jerk face. It drives me up a wall his tactics and his disgusting ness and the manipulative ways he uses to get to me. he always knows what will get to me. my sister posting a picture of me when I was not in a healthy place of life, physically… why…. why does he have to be such a jerk. It only fuels me fire to stand up and fight as a warrior to destroy his kingdom and all he is. It fuels my anger to come at him with a vengeance. I won't let up. I won't let him win. I will not fight on the defensive---- I will fight on the offensive… ready or not…whatever he throws at me, I am coming after him- in the name of Jesus. 

Because I am loved. Because I am a daughter of the King. Because the materialism and consumerism of this world will not, can not, shall not have a hold on me. I'm coming for blood. In His face… to be a beacon of God's hope, truth, love, and victory. I will fail and my humanness will get me…. but I am a warrior, I will get back up and fight.


No comments: