Monday, September 14, 2015

Internship thoughts and observations.... and ramblings..

At my internship today, there have been so many clients calling in with divorce and child custody problems... as HGTV plays in the background with couples fighting to give up what they want in "love it, or list it" housing for their families. My heart is breaking... this can't be what God dreamed of when he instituted the man and woman in the covenant of marriage. It is encouraging me as a single girl onward to continue to allow God to break down the high places and the fleshly parts of me in favor of the character of who He is, so that in his timing, I can be a great wife. Not because of me, but because I'm allowing His fires to refine the brokenness within me and letting Holy Spirit teaching me how to love my husband well. I listened to a podcast even this morning where the pastor was talking about that the statistics for divorce are 1 in 2. 1 in 2. What a sobering thought. 1 in 2. Interestingly so, he went on to state that the research has found (and backed it up with saying that Dr. Phil had quoted this statistic) that for couples who pray together, 1 in 15,000 divorce. Wow. Wow.

Anyways.... I had a realization that had me giggling today. The desk where I sit and the set-up is quite similar to Pam from the Office. She's my favorite character on the Office.... so it was quite fun.... now if only I could find Jim! *laugh*



I must say... I like the eb and flow of life. Last week was quite crazy school and internship...and everything. This week... I just looked over everything.. and it is going to be a slower paced week even in the midst of what I do have. Excited for the eb. *smile* ... maybe I shall have more time for running this week *giggle*

No comments: