I'm a girl who loves adventure..trailblazing into the unknown. This avenue will contain the stories, moments, thoughts, and rantings within my heart as I am on this journey with my Jesus. *smile*
Monday, November 16, 2015
BRAVEtheDARK15mileteamRELAY
Saturday night I ran the Brave the Dark 15 mile team relay to benefit G*I*R*L*S* Ranch. I ran with Mindy, Ashlly, Marshall, and Ericka. Within the race, there were 2: 3 mile loops, 2: 2 mile loops, and 1- 5 mile loop. We named ourselves "Beauties and the Beast." So, we ran. In the frigidness, and pitch black, we ran. Mindy began, followed by Ashlly, then my loop, Marshall's loop, and Ericka finished our race! I have never done a competitive running relay. The concept was so interesting to me, and the execution was even moreso. I have done a lot of races, but this was my first with the team element added. Within my loop, it was frigid, dark, and so to distract myself, I started conversation with Jesus. We started talking about the team elements of this race and how it is like life. There are people that God links us up with to do life and how we need each other in this journey. I started thinking about my future husband and whomever he is and wherever he is and Jesus started challenging me about my future spouse being someone with whom I will link up with. Reminding me that I want a man who will challenge me and call me to deeper places in God, I long for him to not only keep pace with me on the spiritual level, but calling me deeper, challenging each other onwards.... that together we would go diving in the depths with God... twas a beautiful wake-up call and reminder. A wake up call to keep pressing in and pursuing, to be a strength to my team, and a reminder of what my heart deeply desires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment