Wednesday, November 11, 2015

worship || and the songs therein… *



" i can't see - what's in front of me - still i will trust you - still i will trust you…
.. though I can't see - what's in front of me - still i will trust you - still i will trust you "

I can't put to words how much I have loved this song. Since its release, I have listened to these words countless times… it speaks of a depth, a reality … of speaking who God is and trusting His ways. And yet, when I decided to listen once again to these poignant words, the worship came from a deeper place. It's like those thousands and thousands times prepared me for this time. It was as if tonight, I bore the fruit of what I called forth and planted in those worship services. For all of those times that I sang the words from the depths of my being, fighting even though it may not have been where I was… but I am there now. I need this. I am living this. Daily. Hourly. Minute by minute. If I am being completely honest, I need His lead more and more…. in every increasing depth. I do not need to know what is in front of me. I just have to- have to- have to- have to- have to- have to know that He is with me. That His fingers are interlaced in mine, that his hand is on my back leading what I cannot see, that His voice is whispering in my ear, even if it is not about what the next step might look like, and I need His love to wrap round about me. I trust His lead. I trust that He is a God who dreams extravagant dreams, I trust His timing. And tonight, I needed these words. So thankful for the worship I fought through to reap this moment.

" you are faithful - you will lead me - you are faithful - you will keep me - you are faithful - you will lead me on"

" ….together we will run "

No comments: