Friday, February 20, 2015

SNOW daysssssss ***




I'm originally from Ohio…. I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and then my family moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. I've grown up with snow and have had a love affair with the beautiful flakes since I was a little girl. A love affair that continues on to this day. I remember a month ago, having no clue it was going to snow and I could see from where I was rolling linens the beautiful, gorgeously ginormous snowflakes falling and I got all giddy, giggly and excited! For the past almost three years, I have lived in Nashville, Tennessee. A place where snow is a rare visitor. So rare that my field supervisor contacted her city council person via Facebook to ask them when they were going to clear her area (a taste of the lady she is… it makes me smile in her confident, liberal, fight for what I believe way--- it is fun at my internship) … the city council person responds and informs Kerry that Nashville is not equipped with enough plows and that snow comes so rare, they don't see plows as a high priority to invest funds into…. Oh this Ohio girl is laughing so much. So, we had a lot of Sunday beginning late into Sunday night, early Monday morning. It was ice pellets for the majority of it which was created this lovely ice foundation under everything, which has turned unplowed areas, like my apartment complex into an outdoor natural ice-skating ponds…. So, since Sunday night, I have only driven to my internship on Thursday morning. Classes, Kairos, GIRLS Ranch, and tonight, work has been canceled because of the snow.

Being snowed in has been lovely for refreshment and relaxing…. a slower pace. I've been reading, studying, watching movies… it has been lovely. However, it is now Friday…. and I super incredibly stir crazy. My lovely introverted roommates are lovingggg this…. I need to go and do and be with people. They are happy to just sit, croquet, and watch their crazy Blacklist show… hilarious…. I love them so much… but this extrovert needs to get outtttttt and talk, work, study, be out and about….. oh goodness….. hilarious. Hilarious.

Speaking of getting out, my sister wants to go to the store!!!! This girl is outttttttt. *giggle*

No comments: