This I learned from today's run.
Somedays, you just have to show up. I was journaling this morning and Holy Spirit and I grappled with the difference between being stagnant and consistency. It is a fine line swinging from each side. The stay at home Mom who is physically there, but not engaged with her children and does not invest in her children…or even the Mom who is so there, its become an idol and her lifeline can create a stagnancy. Consistently, the Mom who chooses to love her children intentionally and love them individually…who laughs, corrects, teaches, creates, and shows up wholeheartedly everyday. Or the athlete who shows up every day but has lost the passion and thus gives a half hearted effort versus the athlete who consistently trains day in and day out with passion… even though they are there every day, the dividing factor swinging the pendulum towards stagnancy or consistency is wholehearted engagement, intentionality, passion, and choosing to show up with what 100% you have that day and to go beyond.
From this run, I learned something else. I ate breakfast before this run. I thought I waited long enough for digestion. I didn't. My lungs were great, my stomach, on the other hand, was miserable and nauseous. As I thought about it, in the running aspect, it triggered me to remember that once again, I love waking up and going on a run and then coming back and eating breakfast. I forgot about this until I suffered the consequences of eating before my run. To me, remember that horrid stomach feeling will for future reference remind that I in fact like to run and then eat. What if our sin acted like a trigger for our response? Yes, asking for forgiveness from God and recommitting to run after Him and His righteousness, but instead of allowing the enemy to suffocate us in guilt and shame, what if we took as a trigger to remember why we choose to go against our flesh, why we are choosing to walk a different path, why we have made the commitment to say no to that thing. Just a Holy Spirit and Amy thought… *smile*
A video filled with sweet truth……..
No comments:
Post a Comment