I just celebrated my birthday. I just love birthdays. My friend Brian Thomas and I celebrated our June birthdays together by going to a Nashville Sounds game. It rained. It forecasted rain resulting in quite a few people to not even come to the game. There was a fun group that did come. Standing outside debating whether to brave the game and the possible forthcoming rain or to change the plan, one of my dear friends, Jess Jessica asks me what my back up is. I laugh and look at her and ask, "Do I look like a girl who would have a back-up plan?" She laughs. We go to the game and it rains on and off--- Shannon, Brian, and I endured until the torrential downpour in the top of the sixth inning causing a rain delay and the end of the game. It was quite fun though… and it was my first time at The First Tennessee ballpark!
So, I remember this conversation with Jess today on my road trip back home to Nashville from visiting my family in Ohio. This memory triggers the truth that I am not a girl with a back-up plan. It's not my personality and how God and I operate. I would say there are detours that I did not expect, but no plan B's or C's…. I felt so deeply and strongly God encouraged me to move to Kansas City. I left the swimming pool, went up to my apartment, and took everything I owned and placed it in the middle of my room and began to sort everything into piles- "Going to Kansas City", storing at Dad and Mom's, and throwing away items. Even when I encountered resistance moving and how I was going to get all of my stuff there, where I would live, where I would work… in my Amy mind, there was no Plan B… it was a solidarity and confidence knowing it would work out. This is where my free spirit can be a strength connected with my relationship with God. He speaks, I move, and have the confidence that all of the details will just get figured out. It was just interesting to realize. For instance, I know I'm going to get married, God spoke it to me. I know that He will never leave me or forsake me, God spoke it. I know that He loves me deeply and furiously, God spoke it. I like it…. it's just fun! *smile*

No comments:
Post a Comment