I went on a run last week-ish with Gunner... Gunner is our house dog. Throughout this run, Gunner proceeded to drag me through almost the entirety of the run... I had the control, but exerting energy to run and control a dog for an extended period of time was tiring...It was hysterical and quite comedic. Today was a different sort of day. Gloomy... cold... and all of the emotions of this move again fell on top of me. I was in my room for a ridiculous amount of time because I turned my heater on and it was the only room in our house that was warm... around dinner time I decided to eat my dinner on the front steps with a book. It actually felt rather nice outside because on top of the cold weather, I found our AC to be on... *brrr*... I decided that an evening walk would probably do me good... and Gunner might enjoy it as well... However, the comedy of being dragged through the streets did not sound appealing, so I embraced the adventure to train Gunner on the art of walking normally. So, I am pulling, pleading, speaking sweet, speaking authoritatively, yanking, looking into his eyes...all in an effort to teach him the art of being walked and not walking... Still awhile out from the house, I was attempting to teach him the art of staying and smelling or releasing himself on the grass next to me instead of a mile ahead of me...
And then like a wave of Holy Spirit in a way that only He can come...He came and began to teach me... began to show me visually- because it is how I learn best... by showing me that I'm like Gunner and He's me... in this analogy... He wants to walk with me in this season, just me and him... and I'm pulling on the leash... but I want to get to know these people.... I want to invest here... or there... and He's like, "Amy, I want you, here. Right next to me." ... and I come next to him, we're walking... it's lovely and then my nose gets distracted by this opportunity or this meeting... or this Bible Study... And then He pulls "my leash" back and then we're in step and it's amazing... Then there are some times, which this has been the hardest... the moments when Gunner would linger behind because he found a scent in the grass he wanted to linger in... Holy Spirit was teaching me about those are the moments when I choose to think on and want to be back in Kentucky. Kentucky was an amazing season...somewhere deep within me, I knew it would end soon... which even led to making a Kentucky adventure coffee cup with one of my best friends, Mindy.... it was hard, painful, and challenging... (this does not change my absolute love for the state of Kentucky)... but some of the most quality friends I could ever comprehend to have in my life are in Kentucky (Cincinnati, but still :) ) ... my family... but that this is the season for "right here" ... next to me... intimacy... for love... for quality time... it was exactly what I needed to hear in this season...
It's hard being here.. but there is purpose for the challenge and that... that makes it all worth it! He...He is worth it. He's chasing after me... pursuing my heart.. solely because He loves me!!!! And that, that's breathtaking!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment