I have a confession.... I think I'm addicted to the library... last week, I went three times!!! *smile*... On one of my adventures to the library I picked up a book called: " A Collection of Wednesday's: creating a whole from the part"- By Amy Gaither Hayes... At first I picked it up because, honestly it was written by an Amy. Skimming it, I was intrigued by her style of writing... and now, I'm absolutely loving it... Everytime I've picked it up, I've read about 2-3 chapters. In one of the chapters, she was sharing about moments in her life when she felt like she was the most genuine and realest version of herself.... this led me to wonder....when is it when I'm the realest version of me.... this is my list... *smile*
I feel like the realest, freest, and most genuine version of me when I'm...
...doing missions work...loving on the poorest of the poor
...playing soccer
...with my quality and dearest best friends (Ericka, Cazi, Meagan, Alaina, Brandon, Danny, Mindy, Alissa) or with my family
...serving or talking with teenagers
...genuinely loving with and connecting with a child
...worshipping my Jesus wholeheartedly
...spending time and investing in someone with quality time, one on one
...adventuring in the outdoors (hiking, kayaking, biking, camping)
...running
... reading
...working hard and serving people
... encouraging
(((Random fun fact: I sold my promise ring about 4 months ago for $80 because I'm allergic to gold and I can't wear it anymore, and i'm not attached, so, I don't want to pass it down... *giggle* ))))
Well, another week is just about to start and I'm determined to embrace this week wholeheartedly!!!
the IHOP community is doing a fast starting this Wednesday and I'm so excited to see what God brings forth....
learning to embrace Kansas City...despite however long this adventure lasts.... so, my Mom and I were talking this past week and she was asking me to remind her if I felt that God said to go to Kansas City or put the decision in my hands.... I told and I honestly felt like it was a Holy Spirit nudge...with that said, it was kind of a reminder that I don't have to be here forever... it was kind of encouraging, challenging, and left me with a little wonder.... where the adventure could lead forth from here.... *smile*... maybe further west, east coast, Texas with my lovely sister, California, Washington... with God, the possibilities are endless and this KC adventure has given me confidence that He's going to take care of me wherever the journey may lead.... *smile*... well, love to all my dear friends and family from my current adventure home in Kansas City, Missouri!!! *smile*
***Random fun MISSOURI fact: Missouri trains are crazy fast... Kentucky trains are slow and long.. Missouri trains are just as long, but super crazy fast, similar in speed to the train in UNSTOPPABLE (a great movie, I highly recommend!)***
No comments:
Post a Comment